Here you can find all information on Gillian, I found over the years but please do not use any of this information without asking or credit! I had a lot of work finding these things out so it's not that much to ask.
Name: Gillian Rose Filan-Walsh
Status: Married to Shane
POB: Maugheraboy, Sligo
Star sign: Taurus
Home: Sligo, Ireland
Hair colour: Blonde (she actually is a ginger though)
Eye colour: Blue
School: St. Ursulines Convent (The sister school / girls version of Summer Hill College) + she's got a Business degree at University of Sligo
Work: Part-time in Shane's Morgan shop and her own shop 'Anna Rose', which she owns with her sister Joanna
Name of parents: Rosaleen (Sister of Kian Egan's Dad) and Michael
Siblings: 2 brothers: Michael & Emmett and 3 sisters: Joanna, Jessica and Lorraine, and cousins: Kian, Gavin, Tom, Colm, Marielle, Fenella and Vivienne. Uncle Kevin, aunt Patricia, grandma Rose
Kids: Daughther Nicole (2005), son Patrick (2008)
Loves: Singing, dancing, shopping, partying, horse riding, going out with friends and family, just hanging out with her husband, reading, Gucci, nights in eating spaghetti and watching a video, Tweety, and a bit of exercising every now and then
Hates: Being in papers (she used to hate that before and right after they went public about their relationship)
Qualities: Witty, very beautiful, good legs, nice ass (according to Shane), perfectly sweet, kind, funny
Favorite pets: dogs and horses
Favorite Westlife songs: If I Let You Go and Written In The Stars
Favorite music: Chart music, like Beyonce, plus she's said to totally love Robbie Williams!
Favourite tv show: Loose Women
Did you know...
- She played in the same musical as Shane, Grease, at primary school
- She really likes fashion and the 'Morgan' clothes
- She has known Shane since they were 12
- She's got braces
- Gillian was one of Shane's first girlfriends
- She was the sixth girl Shane kissed
- That she shops for Shane, she just buys this really cheap things (bargain hunter lol)
- She used to be in a Sligo girlband called "Fusion"?
- Gillian always wanted to dogs called "Buddy" and "Holly"
- It appears that Gillian had her hen night in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Ireland
- Gillian observes things very carefully before making any judgments and she's almost always right (according to Shane)
- Gillian has attended 50 of Shane's last 60 concerts (World of our own Tour)
- After spending years apart, Gillian is anxious that she and Shane are never separated for too long.
- When Gillian was younger, she used to dress up like Chelsea Clinton (yup Clinton's daughter)
- Gillian and Kian Egan, Shane’s friend & bandmate, were really good friends when they were younger? They used to hang out a lot.
Shane about Gillian:
"We were both singers and we performed in local events and musicals together. She was one of my first girlfriends when we were teenagers and we dated for a few weeks. But she's really great and I'm absolutely crazy about her. I talk to Gillian a couple of times a day - thank god for mobile phones. I love the fact that she's so down to earth. We prefer to sit in a pub in Sligo and have a laugh with our mates."
Kian on Gillian:
- "I also have a cousin called Gillian, who is like another sister to me. We grew up together and hung around in the same crowd of friends of friends. She has been like an extra presence in my life and a big support."
- "I grew up very closely with two of my cousins, Michael and Gillian Walsh. They lived just around the corner from me. I was very, very close to Gillian. We did everything together: we used to go down town together and we were both big into all the musicals. I had a great childhood. Gillian was into dancing and all the musicals and stage work and that's what we used to do. We would do a lot of variety shows together and we used to mess about in local community halls, teaching kids how to dance."
Kian on Shane & Gillian:
"At first I had some reservations. I used to stop Shane from seeing Gillian because she was my cousin and I was really close to her. When we were 16 and we were performing in the musical Grease together, they nearly started going out. But I'd say things like, 'Aah, Gillian, you don't wanna go there, you won't get on', and 'Oh, Shane, she's a real... whatever!"
But he is now happy that the two of them are together, saying "It's so cool that two of my best friends are going out together, and it's good cause he knows if he ever does anything wrong he'd never get away with it."
Georgina Byrne mentioning Gillian:
Do you hang out with Gillian Filan when the boys are away?
"We talk on the phone a lot, we both have commitments, have our own friends and families, so it's hard to see each other in Ireland. Gillian has a baby now, so she's very busy. It's great that we have each other when we are travelling. We can just see the sights, have a coffee and enjoy the time together."